Hepatitis C was considered as a fearful disease only till the cure for the same wasn’t found. But, with the very day of identifying its cure, the disease became common diseases with a much effective treatment. Still today there are many myths and sinful notions with this disease.
So, are you in the same league?
If yes! Let’s make the picture a bit clearer!
Many of the people hold a belief that hep c treatment hasn’t proved to be a significant one, yet! But, this isn’t the same!
Factors Determining the Virus Detection Range
With rigorous treatment, hepatitis C can be cured even 99% but, for this one needs to complete entire treatment cycle. There are several factors that determine the virus detection range in different patients. In fact, it is said that the percentage of patients clearing the virus count to an undetectable levels may range from somewhere in between 60 to 95% depending on the following factors:
- DAA used
- HCV genotype
- viral count
- severity of liver damage prior to treatment
Hep c treatment duration may however vary between 8 and 12 weeks, depending on the medication being used and the condition of the patient. For lower prices, patients can even prefer hep c generic drugs wholesalers who offer drugs at a subsidised rate.
For severe cases, even liver transplants are suggested.
- Out of every 100 people who are infected with HCV conditions-
- 75 to 85 may develop long-term infection; out of those:
- 60 to 70 may develop chronic liver disease
- 5 to 20 may develop cirrhosis (scarring of the liver) over a period of 20-30 years
- 1 to 5 are likely to die of the consequences of the long-term infection, either from liver cancer or cirrhosis
These are the basic survival rates involved with hep C treatment!