Does hepatitis C as a disease scare you?
If yes! Now it won’t !
Hepatitis C has often been considered as one of the most dangerous, non-curable and even fatal disease for mankind. Mainly this is because of the lack of knowledge and sources for its cure. Even though hepatitis C is a disease that is chronic in nature, yet it has its own cure.
Hepatitis C Treatment Factors
There are various ways for hep C treatment, depending on certain health factors, such as-
- Damage in your liver
- Any other concerning health condition
- Extent of hepatitis C virus contamination in the body
- The type of genotype diagnosed against hepatitis C condition one has received
Hepatitis C Treatment
The hep C treatment consists of HCV antiviral medication as prescribed by the doctor. There are multiple varieties in this form-
- Antiviral drugs in the form of combination medications are also available for hep C treatment.
- Self-care is another way of a working cure for hep C treatment. For this one has to avoid alcohol intake.
- In worst case when a patient is affected due to liver cirrhosis, surgery is performed in the form of liver transplant.
- Specialists doctors such as- Infectious Disease Doctor, Hepatologist, Gastroenterologist, and Primary Care Provider (PCP) are also contacted for further reference.
Ledipasvir sofosbuvir– Combination medicine for Hep C treatment
Ledipasvir sofosbuvir is one of the most efficient combination medicines for treatment of Hepatitis C treatment. There is a fixed dosage of this combination medicine in the form of ledipasvir-sofosbuvir for effective and well tolerated revival process against Hepatitis C. One-pill once in a day for treatment of genotypes 1, 4, 5, and 6 of chronic HCV infection, acts directly against the replication and infection of the virus. Patients without cirrhosis, naïve or not black can be cured within a duration of just 8-weeks to 12 weeks. This combination has been proved to be safe and effective for dealing with such a chronic disorder.
Mechanism of work
Ledipasvir is basically a potential inhibitor of HCV NS5A and a viral phosphoprotein that plays an effective role in inhibiting viral replication, its assembling, and secretion. On the other hand, Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide analog based inhibitor for hepatitis C virus NS5B polymerase—which is considered as the prime enzyme for mediating HCV RNA replication.
Price and Cost Involved
- The wholesale cost for ledipasvir-sofosbuvir combination pill is $1125/pill.
- The total cost for a course of 8-weeks therapy is $63,000
- The total cost for 12-weeks course therapy is $94,500
- The total cost for 24-week course therapy is $189,000
- However, there are not much side effects or adverse effects as involved with the intake of this combination medicine, yet certain nominal effects are visible during the medicine course.
- As per the available data sourced from the clinical trials, the demonstrations have shown that the combination of ledipasvir sofosbuvir has been found to be very well tolerated among the patients.
- Some of the very common side effects reported during the medication cycle involve adverse effects such as fatigue and headache.